Publicly disclosed donors
The following individuals, organisations and companies have made a contribution to the Rana Plaza Trust Fund and have given their consent to be listed publicly as donors.
- Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
- Auchan (US $ 1,500,000)
- Benetton Group (US $ 1,100,000)
- BRAC USA (US $ 2,480,000), including donations from:
Hudson's Bay Company
The Children's Place
- C&A Foundation (US $ 1,000,000)
- El Corte Inglés
- G. Güldenpfennig GmbH (US $ 600,000)
- H&M Conscious Foundation
- Inditex (US $ 1,633,430)
- Kappa Deutschland (US $50,000)
- Kik (US $ 1,000,000)
- L.C. Waikiki
- Loblaw (US $ 3,370,620)
- LPP S.A.
- N Brown Group
- Premier Clothing
- Primark (US $ 1,000,000)
- Steelworkers Humanity Fund, USA (US $ 16,596.30)
- The Children's Place (US $ 2,050,050)
- Trade Union Congress/TUC (€ 20,000)
- the Fair Design Committee of UCU’s student association (€ 1,277.32)
- Zebra Fashion
Direct payments to beneficiaries that will be recognised under the coordinated scheme
The following donors have made payments direct to Rana Plaza victims that have been recognised by the Rana Plaza Coordination Committee as payments for losses under the terms of the Arrangement:
- Prime Ministers Relief and Welfare Fund (Bangladesh): Cash payments paid directly to beneficiaries from the Prime Minister's Welfare Fund are expected to amount under the Arrangement’s Coordinated scheme to $2,480,857. (The PM's Relief and Welfare Fund is a standing fund which provided payments to injured survivors and families of those killed at Rana Plaza.This included a donation from the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association).
- Primark: The total amount for about 600 beneficiaries from the New Wave Bottoms Factory to be paid by Primark is expected to amount under the Arrangement’s Coordinated scheme to around US $ 6,300,000 or the amount needed to cover their income replacement and future medical/allied care needs.
Total amounts received for the victims and their famili
As of 18 September 2015, the total funds available for payments to victims and their dependents is approximately $30million. This sum is sufficient to finance all payments to all beneficiaries.
As of 18 September the status of these fund is as follows
The amounts received by the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund have totalled US$ 19,687,689.56
Additionally, funds committed in written pledges but not yet received total Euro 500,000 (US$570,000).
Pledged sums also include US$ 922,000 for the provision of long term medical care to those victims that need this support. This need will be funded by BRAC USA and delivered by BRAC in Bangladesh.
Direct payments to beneficiaries under the coordinated scheme are expected to be recognised at US$ 8,780,857